Industrial Commission Of Arizona
Administrative Assistant II
800 W Washington
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial/office administrative support to the Legal Division and, in particular, to the Compliance Unit. This position provides specialized secretarial/administrative support requiring knowledge of procedures, forms, and documents and a moderate degree of secretarial/administrative support skills to the Legal Division’s Compliance Unit; prepares a variety of correspondence and other documents using technical knowledge and expertise; ensures secretarial/administrative activity is performed thoroughly, professionally, in a timely manner, and in accordance with applicable laws; generates high-quality work product.
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- The Commission computer system.
- The Legal Division’s and Compliance Unit’s purposes, goals, organization, work flows, equipment, and processes, including administrative and office procedures.
- Concepts, terminology, principles, and procedures related to state law pertaining to workers’ compensation.
- Using tools (NCCI) for monitoring insured status of employers.
- Planning/organization, multi-tasking, and time management.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication, including attention to detail.
- Use of computers and other technical devices/programs/software.
- In problem-solving, ingenuity, and decision –making.
- Interpersonal communication and mentoring.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, coworkers, and the public.
- Display courteous, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Exercise good judgement in making decisions.
- Multi-task, prioritize, adapt to changing circumstances, and follow instructions.
- Maintain emotional control and work under pressure.
- Effectively manage various assignments and work in a fast-paces environment.\
- Coordinate work with administrative support staff and investigators within the Legal Division.
- Proofread and ensure accuracy and quality work.
- Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- All newly hired employees are subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
- The ICA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency.
- Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the application and selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the ICA’s Human Resources Department at (602) 542-5559.