Legal Secretary II
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
The purpose of this Legal Secretary II position is to provide the necessary administrative support for the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Division in Tucson Arizona. This position is responsible for maintaining the judicial docket in specialized legal areas including Workers’ Compensation and other areas within the jurisdiction of the Industrial Commission. This position is responsible for preparing legal notices, subpoenas, orders and awards, as well as scheduling hearings with multiple parties, maintaining confidential files, organizing and summarizing legal documents and information, composing general correspondence and responding to inquiries regarding the hearing process and applicable procedures. Additionally, this position provides administrative support for ALJ Division reporting by accurately capturing and conveying hearing statistical information.
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
- Arizona Workers’ Compensation laws, rules and legal principles;
- Legal forms and formats sufficient to prepare orders and decisions and to compose general correspondence;
- General law office or judicial office policies and procedures for legal case management and legal docket management;
- Windows, Google Suite and Word, Excel, computer-based legal case management systems and portals, as well as office equipment such as copiers and transcribers;
- English grammar and usage, in addition to legal and medical terminology sufficient to effectively prepare judicial orders, decisions and correspondence.
- The Arizona Management System (AMS) concepts.
- Organizational skills;
- Typing skills, word processing, and proof reading skills;
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effectively manage projects and meet deadlines;
- Manage a heavy workload with a high level of accuracy and production;
- Review and interpret ALJ Division computer reports; understand laws, rules, policies and procedures;
- Interpret ALJ case management transaction histories and provide guidance on complicated transaction scenarios;
- Effectively and accurately use legal case management computer systems and computer portals;
- Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input.