Legal Secretary 1
800 W Washington
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
The purpose of this Legal Secretary I position is to provide the necessary administrative support for the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Division. This position assists with maintaining the judicial docket in specialized legal areas including Worker’s Compensation and other areas within the jurisdiction of the Industrial Commission. This position is responsible for preparing legal notices, subpoenas, orders and awards, as well as scheduling hearings with multiple parties, maintaining confidential files, composing general correspondence and responding to inquiries regarding the hearing process and applicable procedures. This position also accepts and properly routes filings for cases pending in the ALJ Division. Additionally, this position provides administrative support for ALJ Division by preparing hearing files, handling data entry, processing invoices and receipts, and by performing other support services.
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
- Arizona Worker's Compensation laws, rules and legal principles;
- Legal forms and formats sufficient to prepare orders, awards and general correspondence;
- General law office and/or judicial office policies and procedures for legal case management and legal docket management;
- Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and computer-based legal case management systems and portals, as well as office equipment such as copiers and transcribers;
- English grammar and usage, in addition to legal and medical terminology sufficient to effectively prepare judicial orders, decisions and correspondence;
- Office policies sufficient to monitor time lines and work assignments, such that deadlines are met; and
- Techniques in screening incoming correspondence, telephone calls and dealing with the public.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong typing skills, word processing, and proof reading skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Efficiently manage projects and meet deadlines;
- Manage a heavy workload with a high level of accuracy and efficiency;
- Interpret ALJ case management transaction histories and provide guidance on complicated transaction scenarios;
- Effectively and accurately use legal case management computer systems and computer portals; and
- Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input.