Administrative Assistant III
800 W Washington
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
This position is responsible for researching and coding the Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses and inputting the codes into the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ (BLS) Federal system where the statistics are compiled for BLS: for the State of Arizona and on a national level. These statistics are provided on the BLS Website, the ICA’s Website, and the ICA Annual Report. Reviews, interprets, verifies, and codes the Survey of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses responses received by employers via the Bureau of Labor Statistics collection website, fax, email, mail and/or phone using the S3 Database, the Standard Occupational Classification Manual, and the Occupational Injury and Illness Classification Manual. Works with employers on their Occupational Safety and Health Administration From 300, Form 300A and Form 301 when necessary; corrects data errors; collects outstanding survey responses via phone, email or fax.
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
- AZ Driver’s License Required
In-State travel is required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207 (12). Employees may be required to use their own transportation, as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- General research methods, data collection and statistics.
- Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Injury and Illness Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements.
- Familiar with Occupational Safety & Health Administration Recordkeeping Forms 300, 300A and 301.
- Medical terminology.
- Human anatomy.
- Communicating clearly and concisely relay information verbally and in writing.
- Customer service.
- Prioritize multiple tasks.
- 10 Key.
- Typing WPM 30.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Use of a computer to include Word, Outlook and Access.
- Research techniques.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance, particularly from mid-January to mid-July.
- Communicate with clear organized thoughts, proper sentence structure and grammar, oral and in writing.
- Handle and communicate with difficult respondents.
- Interpret and broadly analyze data.
- Manage multiple phone calls.
- Maintain accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Thoroughly research issues.
- Quickly shift focus from one task to another.
- Sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Work and prioritize multiple job assignments.
- Work under pressure and to work with a diverse environment.
- Work independently and as a team.
- Meet deadlines.
- Research documents and determine what data should be used.
- Establish and maintain relationships with employees and customers.
- Recognizing and engaging those with different backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input in the decision making process.