Administrative Assistant 2
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
This position serves as the Administrative Assistant for Special Fund Division and coordinates Vocational Rehabilitation. Responsibilities include: facilitating the administration of No Insurance/Bankrupts Self-Insured, Apportionments, Pre-1973 Supportive Care and Vocational Rehabilitation programs, including but not limited to; new claim set up, awards, payment entry and other correspondence; first line of contact for public inquiries about Vocational Rehabilitation program from providers, carriers and injured workers; lead for all document scanning for the Special Fund Division; prepping, scanning, indexing and verifying documents in FileHandler System; provides cross-training and documents all job duties to fellow Special Fund Administrative staff, with the exception of expressly confidential job duties; identifies new and/or additional assistance that can be provided for the division to provide value-added service; organizes and prepares monthly and annual reports;
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
- Prepping, scanning and indexing documents.
- Special Fund Vocational Rehabilitation policies.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Gmail and Powerpoint.
- Using a computer system, telephone and other office equipment.
- Researching and reviewing workers’ compensation files.
- Techniques in monitoring work assignments to ensure deadlines are met.
- Scanning and reviewing documents.
- Organization and time management
- Interpersonal relations
- Oral and written communication.
- Perform varied clerical and administrative tasks.
- Research files.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in a consistently professional manner.
- Organize and strategize
- Utilize initiative, judgement and independent in the performance of duties.
- Coordinate document scanning.
- All newly hired employees are subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
- The ICA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, age or other protected class.
- Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the application and selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the ICA’s Human Resources Department at (602) 542-5559.