Administration Division/Accounting Section
Are you ready to work for an exceptional state agency that works to protect the life, health and welfare of the employees in the State of Arizona? Apply with us! The Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA) is committed to the highest standards of compliance, demonstrating leadership in all areas, and teaching and working with employers and employees to make them successful. A thriving workforce in Arizona is what we strive for and work towards each day.
As a State of Arizona agency, the ICA offers an excellent benefits package, including top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, affordable medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability plans, 10 paid holidays per year, 13 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, and a deferred compensation plan option.
The Industrial Commission of Arizona is seeking an experienced Accountant. This position will use the Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS), Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), and other State and ICA Systems to retrieve data, analyze information, track encumbrances, revenues and expenditures, perform reconciliations and identify and report inconsistencies and errors. This position is also responsible for reviewing and approving accounts payable and accounts receivable fiscal transactions; verifying the propriety of supporting documents and transactions entered into AFIS and APP; tracking operating metrics and reporting results in the daily operations huddle; processing the agency’s payroll for approximately 215 authorized FTEs; participating in the annual capital asset physical inventory; and, performing other duties as assigned related to the position. For example, assisting other staff during heavy work seasons, such as processing annual tax filings and reviewing self-insurance applications.
- AZ Driver’s License Required
In-State travel is required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207 (12). Employees may be required to use their own transportation, as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- State of Arizona Accounting Rules and Technical Bulletins.
- State Procurement rules.
- State of Arizona Personnel Rules.
- ICA Policies and Procedures.
- ICA Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- The principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of government accounting and internal control structures.
- Financial research methodologies.
- The State’s automated accounting and purchasing systems.
- Current computer software applications and technologies for communications, spreadsheets, presentations, Internet and word processing.
- Research and analysis.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial reports and information.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Problem solving.
- Understanding and operating computer software programs.
- Accounting and budgeting.
- Time and work management.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze, interpret, and solve issues.
- Perform Less-complex financial analysis and apply accounting principles and precedents to particular set of facts.
- Communicate financial information to internal and external users verbally and in writing.
- Manage workload and prioritize work.
- Form effective working relationships with people, policymakers, associations, and institutions.
- Make sound judgments and decisions
- Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input.