Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Division
Andy Campbell, Chief Administrative Law Judge
|800 W Washington St, Phoenix AZ 85007||(602) 542-5241||(602) 542-4135|
|2675 East Broadway, Tucson AZ 85716||(520) 628-5188||(520) 628-5182|
Click for Phone List of ICA Divisions
Click for Phone List of ALJ Personnel
The MISSION of the ALJ Division is to resolve disputed matters in workers’ compensation, youth employment and wages efficiently, impartially and equitably as the administrative tribunal of the ICA in matters that arise under the jurisdiction of the ICA.
The Industrial Commission employs full-time administrative law judges (ALJ) in Phoenix and Tucson.
All ALJs are active members of the State Bar of Arizona and with a minimum of five years experience in workers’ compensation, employment, or a related field. Sixteen ALJs sit in Phoenix; three sit in Tucson. Most hearings are held in Phoenix or Tucson, but hearings may be held in other locations around the state. ALJs, like superior court judges in non-jury trials, hold hearings, make findings of fact and conclusions of law, and issue formal written decisions.The decisions of the ALJs
are appealable directly to the Arizona Court of Appeals.
The Administrative Law Judge Division – Case Information System is designed to provide access to documents generated by the Administrative Law Judge Division in each assigned case beginning August 1, 2016 going forward. This portal will allow parties access to documents for information only. They do not constitute the official record of the Administrative Law Judge Division (please read the Electronic Record Disclaimer on the portal). Documents will be designated as correspondence, decision, hearing notice, order, review decision, review notice, and subpoena. These may be reviewed by parties who have registered through the Portal and are provided approval for viewing. Documents are updated nightly but do not reflect documents generated during the current business day. If you have any questions, direct those to the Administrative Law Judge Division at 602-542-5241. In order to access the Portal, visit: http://alj.azica.gov.
Click here for a downloadable manual:
ALJ Web Portal User's Guide.
To access resources below, click on a link.
- Full and Final Settlement: Information and Suggestion Best Practices (For Settlements Submitted on or After August 3, 2018) (PDF)
- FAQs about ALJ Hearings for Unrepresented Workers (English)
- FAQs sobre ALJ Audiencias de los trabajadores que son menos representados (Español)
- A Guide to Workers' Compensation Hearings (video presentation)
- Una guía sobre las audiencias de compensación para trabajadores (vídeo de presentación en español)
- Link to Website for Referral to Attorneys in Maricopa County
- Link to Website for Referral to Attorneys in Pima County
- Link to Website for the Arizona Bar